Master degree on Lemmens campus, Leuven
Critical research as the basis for a personal artistic journey
In the master degree, the emphasis lies on your personal artistic journey and you will grow into a uniquely competent and authentic artist.
Your tutors will guide you in your quest towards a question that will shape your research and result in a performance and thesis that demonstrate not only what you can do, but also that you understand what you do.
In addition, you will do an internship in a professional context. You will conclude your training with a collective performance under the guidance of a theatre director or theatre company that sponsors our final year students.
Dutch is the official language of instruction. Consequently our programme is completely organized in Dutch. The required level of Dutch to study at Drama is level B2. This can be proved in various ways, such as the ITNA-certificate, the PTHO or PAT-certificate (offered worldwide), or the NT2 certificate. The following certificates are recognized by the university college:
- A proof that the applicant has successfully followed a Dutch-language study programme of at least one year, either at an institute of Higher Education or a Secondary School, or successfully completed at least 54 ECTS credits in a Dutch taught higher education degree programme.
- a Dutch language certificate that is recognized by the Dutch language (Nederlandse Taalunie) and that grants access to higher education.
- language certificate Level 5 of the ILT- Catholic University of Leuven
- language certificate Level 5 van KUB/HUB
- language certificate Level 4 of the University Antwerp
- language certificate Level 3 of Ghent University
- A certificate issued by an Adult Learning Centre (in Dutch: CVO or Centrum voor Volwassenenonderwijs”), minimum level 3
- A certificate PTHO (Profiel Taalvaardigheid Hoger Onderwijs) awarded by “Nederlandse Taalunie”,
- Certificaat Nederlands als Vreemde Taal (CnaVT);
- A certificate PAT (Profiel Academische Taalvaardigheid) awarded by “Nederlandse Taalunie, Certificaat Nederlands als Vreemde Taal (CnaVT).