Student jobs at the campus
- Would you like to earn some extra money during your studies? Follow the Toledo community "Een job voor jou?!" and reply on the vacancies.
- LUCA School of Arts has a collaboration with Randstad. They are responsible for the selection and contracts of students.
- LUCA School of Arts follows the legally determined hourly wages as established for the KU Leuven association.
- Check Studentatwork whether you are eligible to work as a job student within the 600 hour scheme.
Work and study
As a student, you can work a few hours a week to top up your budget, but financing your education through a student job is not advisable as it could harm your study progress. For more information, click here.
Non-EU/EEA nationals in Belgium have to be a full-time students in order to get a student visa. If you have a legal residence in Belgium, having an electronic residence permit or an appendix 15 (if you received this document while awaiting for your residence permit) is sufficient. Since January 1st, 2019, residence permits given to non-EEA citizens studying in Belgium mention extra information about working possibilities. With this residence permit, you can work for any employer in Belgium, considering the following specifications:
- You can work during the period of validity of your residence permit.
- During the academic year, you can work for a maximum of 20 hours per week. During official holiday periods (i.e. winter, spring or summer holidays), you can work more than 20 hours per week.
- You can’t work when you are supposed to be attending classes or other activities related to your study programme.
- You are not allowed to work during the summer before the start of your first academic year in Belgium.